Season 2, Episode 2: Erin Wade of Homeroom on Inclusivity in Restaurants and Dealing with Harassment
Today, we have an interview with the amazing Erin Wade, CEO of Homeroom in Oakland, CA. Homeroom is a macaroni and cheese restaurant that has made the news for Wade's dedication to inclusion in the workplace, and for her staff's method of addressing and preventing harassment.
In this episode, we cover
- The financial hurdles Wade overcame to open Homeroom
- What makes Homeroom a feminist restaurant company
- Homeroom's three-color harassment reporting system
- How Homeroom lives and works according to the restaurant's core value of inclusion
- What it's like to operate two restaurants for the price of one: a sit-down restaurant with a takeout location a few blocks away
- Trends in the Bay Area restaurant scene
Thanks for listening to The Garnish!
Sign up for our listener newsletter at https://pos.toasttab.com/the-garnish-podcast.
Our theme song is Leopard, from Filmstro.